In order to bring about new points of view to art for the citizens and tourists in Hsinchu city, ｢Art Site of Railway Warehouse, Hsinchu city｣ provides a studio for artists who pursue and create different kinds of arts. Artists in all fields are welcomed to apply for the one year program which allows them to use the studio in Art Site of Railway Warehouse in Hsinchu for creating and displaying their artworks, and for other related activities.
We offer the following periods for the 2020 short term and long term artist residency.
Short Term:Period 1: Jan.1st -.June.30, 2021
Short Term:Period 2: July.1st -Dec.31st, 2021
Long Term:Period 3:Jan.1st -Dec.31st, 2021
Short Term Support Grant
Each selected artist will receive a basic support grant of NTD 5,000 per month. In total, each artist will receive NTD 30,000 for the period. The support grant will be transferred to the bank account of each artist by the end of each month, to which each artist is to provide a signature in accordance.
Long Term Support Grant
Each selected artist will receive a basic support grant of NTD 5,000 per month. In total, each artist will receive NTD 60,000 for the period. The support grant will be transferred to the bank account of each artist by the end of each month, to which each artist is to provide a signature in accordance.
Art Site of Railway Warehouse, Hsinchu City
No. 64, Hua Yuan Street, 300 Hsinchu City, Taiwan
Privileges and Obligations
1. The studios are only for making and displaying artworks, and for art courses provided by the selected artists.
2. A deposit fee of 3,000 NTD (Long Term) / 1,500NTD (Short Term) and a management fee of 600 NTD per month will be charged for the residency.
3. An electricity fee of 3.5 NTD per kWh will be charged based on the usage of the studio.
4. The selected artists have to attend the quarterly meetings and an annual exhibition/activities held in Art Site of Railway Warehouse, Hsinchu city or in the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Hsinchu City in the last quarter of 2021.
5. The proprietary rights of the artworks created in the Art Site belong to the artists. The management team and the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Hsinchu City both have the right to arrange an exhibition for these artworks during the residency period.
6. When the selected artist accomplishes the planned project, the artist or the group will receive a certificate issued by the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Hsinchu City in the end of the residency period.
7. The management team will arrange art courses or exhibitions for the selected artists in accordance with the studio activities in Art Site.
8. The management team of Art Site has to respect the privacy rights of the artists.
9. The management team of Art Site has to promote the exhibition and activities held in the studio by the selected artists.
Who Can Apply
Individuals or groups in all countries, who are engaged in art related work or cultural and creative industries, can apply to this program. Individuals or group members should be over 20 years old.
How to Apply
1. Applicant should complete the online application process between Aug.1st (Sat.) 2020, 10:00 and Aug.30th (Sun.) 18:00.
2. If you have any questions, please contact us by using the following information Art Site of Railway Warehouse of Hsinchu city
Phone: +886-3-5628933 ask for Yu-hsuan Lee
Address: No. 64 Hua Yuan Street, 300 Hsinchu City, Taiwan
Service Hours: 10:00 am – 18:00 pm, Tuesday – Sunday
Application Review and the Final Presentation
All applications will go through a two-step reviewing process.
1. Step one: Online Documentation Review
On Sep.14 (Mon.) 2020, 10:00 -18:00
The review committee is built up of 5 experts invited by the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Hsinchu City.
The Online Documentation Review result will be released on the website Arttime before Sep.8th (Tue.) 2020, 18:00.
The finalists will be invited to participate in the final presentation via email or phone call before Sep.9th (Wed.) 2020, 18:00.
2. Step two: The Final Presentation
Between Sep.1st to Sep.6, 2020
The review committee is built up of 5 experts invited by the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Hsinchu City. The candidate needs to prepare for a 10 minute presentation and another 5 minute Q&A section.
1. Selected artists and groups will be informed via email by the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Hsinchu City.
The result will also be released on the website of the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Hsinchu City and Arttime on Sep.18 (Fri.) 2020, before 18:00.
2. Selected artists and groups have to sign a contract with the Cultural Affairs Bureau, Hsinchu City once the result is released. Otherwise, the residency participation will be canceled.